Final Grade Form
Enter grades online via an "FINAL GRADE FORM" at my.ucf.edu. If you have a larger class, you may wish to try inputting the grades on the online roster via an Excel file upload instead.
- Start at my.ucf.edu and log in.
- In the "Menu" near the top-left of the screen, click on Faculty/Advisor Self Service, then Instructors, then "View My Teaching Schedule."
- Your list of classes should load. One column labeled "My Class Roster" contains icons of people; you would click here to obtain a roster at the start of the term. A nearby column will be labeled "My Grade Roster" and it contains a different icon . It is this new icon which you need to click to access your final grade submission roster.
- A new screen will load with all of your students already populated onto the screen. Contact the Registrar's Office (email@example.com; 407-823-5510) if you have additional students or students missing.
- Next to each student's name will be a dropdown menu, allowing you to select a final grade. You will only be able to select grades based on the approved Grading Type for this class. Grades of "+" and "-" may also be among the available selections.
- Use care when selecting final grades. A last-second slip of the computer mouse or roll of the mouse wheel may yield a grade accidentally different than intended.
- When you have finished selecting final grades, scroll to the bottom and click the SAVE button.
- The final grade roster needs to be approved by the instructor of record. To approve the final grade roster, the instructor of record should log in to myUCF, navigate to the roster, and switch the roster Approval Status to "Approved" using a dropdown menu near the top.
- No further action needs to be taken by the instructor. The Registrar's Office will collect and post the grades automatically from this point.
This one-page pdf will provide the same step-by-step procedures for inputting grades, and can be easily printed out. The Registrar's Office has also written a quick-tips guide that explains several do's and don'ts.
This video shows you the process from start to finish.
F (Failing) Grades
When you assign an F-grade to a student, the next time you click SAVE you will be prompted to input an attendance option:
- Began and Cannot Determine (i.e., you know they started the course but have inconclusive attendance/test records)
- Began and Stopped by 60% (i.e., they ceased participating in the class before the moment when 60% of the class was completed; scroll up to the top of this column to see what the 60% date is for this particular term)
- Began and Stopped After 60% OR finished course (i.e., students made it at least 60% of the way through, or they participated in the entire class but still earned an F)
- Never Began/No Record (i.e., you have no idea who this student is)
While it is possible to create an Incomplete Grade form first before entering your grade roster, it is easier to assign an I-grade to a student, click SAVE, and find the link to the form has been created for you. Complete the fields of this form and click SAVE at the bottom; the student will be notified to also read the form. Because this incomplete-grade-form opened in a new window, close this window and return to your grade roster.
- A timeout function in the system can make it difficult to use the "final grade form" for large classes (50 or more students). One recommended strategy would be to click the SAVE button at the bottom after every 25 students; otherwise, the work may be lost. Very large classes (100 or more students) are encouraged to use the upload capability instead.
- If using Webcourses, you may import your grades directly.
- If you enter any "F", "I", or "U" grades, you will be prompted while saving to also record attendance information for those students, as required by law. A new dropdown menu will appear next to each student. Remember to click SAVE at the bottom after recording the attendance information.
- Until the Registrar's Office collects the grades (a process called "posting"), it is possible for instructors of record to change the grades online. Switch the Approval Status back to "Not Reviewed" in the dropdown menu at the top, and the final grades will become editable again. Remember to click SAVE at the bottom after any changes.
- If you attempt to navigate away from this page without clicking SAVE, you will be prompted that your work will be lost.
For Further Assistance
Contact the Registrar's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org; 407-823-5510) for online grading assistance, such as missing rosters or missing students, and questions about policy.
Contact the Faculty Center (email@example.com; 407-823-3544) for questions about how to use the tools for online final grade submission.